The ENERGY GLOBE Award was initiated in 1999 by Wolfgang Neumann of Austria. As one of the members of the ENERGY GLOBE Foundation, he continues to organize the event today. The energy pioneer Neumann has been involved with the topic of energy efficiency for 30 years and has earned a worldwide reputation of expertise in the field.
He has initiated numerous projects, campaigns, events and energy consultancy offices for energy efficiency. These include the Energy Saving Expo in Wels, Austria, which has evolved to a lighthouse event across Europe regarding energy efficiency, and naturally the international ENERGY GLOBE Award.
Wolfgang Neumann is married and the father of five children. The enthusiastic hobby farmer prefers to spend leisure time on his farm and riding horse and buggy.
Expos, consultancy, ENERGY GLOBE Award and Portal
1985 Energy Saving Expo
- Plus agency and its CEO Wolfgang Neumann founded and organized the harbinger Energy Saving Expo
1991 - 1997 Energy Saving Alliance and energy consultancy offices
- In 1991, in the name of the Province of Upper Austria, Neumann founded the Upper Austrian Energy Saving Alliance, which expanded to a successful energy consultancy institute.
- In 1992 Neumann launched the World Sustainable Energy Day, an international conference with the elite of energy experts; it takes place annually in Wels.
- In 1993 Neumann founded an energy consultancy center for the Slovak Republic, which has been distinguished as the best European consulting center of its type.
- In 1997 on behalf of the province of Upper Austria Neumann was involved in designing and establishing an energy consultancy center in Budweis, Czech Republic, where he served as CEO until 2002.
1999 - 2011 ENERGY GLOBE Award
- In 1999 plus agency founded and organized the World ENERGY GLOBE Award for Sustainability.
- The Award is presented annually at the regional level in all Austrian provinces, at the national level in over 100 nations, and at the international level.
- Award ceremonies have been conducted in Japan, Canada and Belgium.
- In 2007 the World ENERGY GLOBE Award ceremony was first held at the European Parliament in Brussels.
- In 2008 on invitation of the European Parliament, the gala will again take place at the Plenary Hall in Brussels.
- In 2009 the World ENERGY GLOBE tv gala was the opening event for the informal meeting of the EU Environmental Ministers in Prague.
- In 2010 the ENERGY GLOBE opened the UN World Environment Day in Kigali, Rwanda.
- In 2011 the ENERGY GLOBE World Award took place in the homeland Austria - in the city of Wels.
2008 ENERGY GLOBE Portal and network
- After three years of intense preparations, plus agency’s ENERGY GLOBE Portal for Energy Efficiency went online.