- Reforestation of degraded watershed and establishment of fruit orchards on the mountainside
- Eco Village Project in Bangladesh
- Green Initiatives
- Inflatable solar collectors made of plastic films
- Biomass Gasification to reduce Lime Kiln Fossil Fuel Oil
- ISLA CORALS Program
- Upgrade of tailings disposal & water management system
- Floating Wetlands and Freshwater-Tolerant Mangroves
- Puritas Sath Diyawara
- E-Mobility Post and the "green" Vienna project
- The Power Within - Sustainable Development of the Grevena Hospital
- One Less Nuclear Power Plant
Energy Globe World Award 2017
Winner in the category Earth
The project includes reforestation through community involvement in one of the remotest and poorest mountainous valleys in Afghanistan.
Decades of conflict and insecurity have caused the illegal cutting of fruit and non-fruit trees as well as the uncontrolled collection of medicinal plants and herbs in the mountains in Afghanistan. This has led to soil erosion and landslides and has destroyed the natural protection mechanisms. Furthermore, the natural domicile of the wildlife has been destroyed by uncontrolled hunting and fishing.
A possible solution is reforestation and establishment of an orchard. The transformation of barren land into productive land, construction of water reservoirs, 2 km of river protection, 5 km of irrigation canal have all been undertaken in the previous three years. When the amount of fruit grown is sufficient for trading, marketing issues as well as the establishment of local factories to produce fruit juice will be considered by the local community.
1 ha of land has been designated as a demonstration nursery where trainings have been held and bee hives have been given to members of the community. There has been an increase in the wildlife and over 150 medicinal plants and herbs are now rejuvenated and growing.
Project: Reforestation of degraded watershed and establishment of fruit orchards on the mountainside
Applicant: Rural Green Environment Organization - RGEO
Project: Eco Village Project in Bangladesh
Applicant: Korea Green Foundation
Applicant: Association "tany"