Submitted by: Rajasthan Electronics & Instruments Ltd, Jaipur
Implemented country: India
Title: Standalone Solar Photovoltaic Power Plants for Providing Power to Remote Rural Villages in India

The State of Rajasthan (India) has a large number of villages where it is prohibitively costly or impossible to provide electricity by conventional methods. However, these villages can be served by local power plants. With the availability of abundant sunshine in the state, power plants based on power generated from solar photovoltaics are a feasible solution to meet the electricity needs of such villages. Accordingly, the government of India has launched a plan for electrification of small remote rural villages under Pradhan Mantri Gramodaya Yojana (PMGY). Under this plan 90% of the cost of the project is funded by the government of India and remaining 10% share comes from the state government. Under the PMGY plan Rajasthan Electronics & Instruments Limited, Jaipur (REIL) has installed 63 10-kWp SPV Power Plants in the state of Rajasthan.



Category: Fire